As the leading independent French provider of financial transaction execution services, Aether Financial Services was once again a partner of the International Private Equity Market for its 8th edition.
IPEM, an international event dedicated to private equity, brought together 2,000 participants representing more than 600 companies at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes on 23, 24 and 25 January.
On this occasion, Edouard Narboux, CEO and co-founder of Aether Financial Services spoke on the panel: "Facing the Stress-Test". « Facing the Stress-Test ».
The team has been busy and it has been fantastic to connect with so many people in person from LPs, GPs, and industry peers.
As always, it's a very good opportunity to create meaningful connections and to discuss challenges of the industry.
The Summit Private Debt took place on 24 january with two panels:
First panel | Next Frontier Leverage
As the rate rises put pressure on the financing of leveraged transactions, this session considered the suitability of alternative debt products that provide additional leverage.
- Company level: How preferred equity works and when it is used by sponsors.
- Portfolio level: How portfolio financing is used to benefit companies.
- Exploration of the growth trends and drivers.
- How do lenders evaluate the suitability of a company?
- Investor attitudes.
Second panel | Facing the Stress-Test
This discussion considered how investors should stress-test their private credit portfolios in the face of a rapidly changing climate.
- How are funds positioned as they enter the first real test?
- What is the impact of a decade of loosening covenants when the going gets tough?
- What corners of private credit offer the best resilience in the climate?
Thank you to all the Speakers & Moderators (m):
– Tyrone COONEY - Partner | ARES MANAGEMENT
– Abhik R Das- Partner | THREE HILLS CAPITAL PARTNERS
– Cecile Ferrie - Davies - EVP & Portfolio Manager | PIMCO
– Francesco DI VALMARANA - Partner, Secondaries | PANTHEON
– Hamza Filali Managing Director - Private Credit Morgan Stanley
– Franklin Henrot - Partner | MBO & CO
– Maryna Irkliyenko (m) - Editor | DEBTWIRE
– Gabriella Kindert (m) - Independent Director & Board Member | DOT INVESTING
– Fokke Lucas - Partner | 17CAPITAL
– Edouard Narboux - Managing Director | AETHER FINANCIAL SERVICES
– Laurent Warlop - Managing Director | INDIGO CAPITAL
KEY FIGURES CANNES 2023:
- 2590 delegates
- 1018 companies
- 403 GPs
- 272 Investors (350 LPs)
- 204 Advisors
- 98 Business Services
- 41 Others
- 43 Countries
- 54% International
You can watch the replay of those panels below also.